Let’s start off with the technical explanation, then I will figure out how to describe it in simple terms.
Digital Management refers to technology and processes which helps us to manage the mass of data which we work with in our personal and professional lives. It is a set of procedures that when working together give a system, repository, and enabling workflow process for managing publishable media content such as images, illustrations, documents, audio, video and physical (non-digital) elements.
My point being, data is one of our most valuable assets. Can you imagine losing your memory and how traumatic that would be? Yet every day, we lose, misplace or forget information that is critical to us running our businesses.
What’s more it’s not getting easier, the explosion of computers, emails, blogs and alike have meant that there is more information than ever. Managing all this information within your company can be a real headache but done in the right way it can also have some extraordinary business benefits.
If things were to stay the same as they are now, then perhaps we could get away with continuing the way we have organised data in the past, but they are not, so we can’t! Data is going to play an ever increasing role in the way we communicate and the way we do business.
We are going to know who we are communicating with, what they prefer, how they like to do business, what’s gone on with them in the past. All of which translates into data, shed loads of it. The good news is that we can then use that data to sell and work more effectively with our clients. The bad news is that if you don’t someone else will.
That’s where we can help, we can help you get to grips with what it takes to build an effective information strategy for your business. The idea of an Information Strategy will be critical to your business success and the key to sustaining your competitive advantage over time.
To illustrate the importance of Information Strategy imagine:
- That you know where all of your company data resides.
- That you could trust all of your data to be accurate, complete and up-to-date so that you could rely on it when you make business decisions.
- That you could access any piece of information, or combination of pieces, at any time, to support decision making and understand risk.
- That your data was protected and secure at all times.
- That whenever you needed to make a business decision that you fully understood all the risks involved.
- That you know, based on previous actions and conditions, what the next best action to take is.
- That you know that you were fully compliant with all legislative and governance requirements.
- That your data and content is stored in the most efficient and cost effective manner fit for purpose.
Impossible? Maybe not. You can see why we include data management when working on our clients strategy because , progress towards these goals are critical to achieving your business objectives.